Resources & Opportunities
The Music department is housed in the Hendricks Center for the Arts (409 Pleasant Street), a recently renovated facility that contains faculty and staff offices, multiple rehearsal and practice spaces, classrooms, and lockers for instrumental storage. Located between Beloit College campus and downtown Beloit, the music department bridges the college and the larger community, offering students the opportunity to extend their musical studies and experiences beyond the classroom.
Music and …
- CELEB. (Center for Entrepreneurship in Liberal Education at Beloit)
- Maple Tree Studio. Recording studio accessible to students who undergo training.
Work Study. Work for the Music Department.
- Rehearsals & Concerts—logistics, publicity, usher, stage managing, etc.
- Administrative assistance
- Turtle Tunes. Teach guitar, piano, or string instruments for credit at Todd Elementary, located within walking distance.
- Little Turtles’ Playhouse. Lead interactive music activities with preschool children at a college-affiliated daycare adjacent to campus.
- Off-campus performance opportunities and paid gigs
- Concerts on campus
- Proximity to Madison, Rockford, Chicago, Milwaukee venues
- Wisconsin Baroque Ensemble. Playing on period instruments from original notation, we bring the sound and character of 17th and 18th century music to life, often shedding light upon lesser known compositions and composers. The group offers at least one concert per season at Beloit College Eaton Chapel.
Off-Campus Study. Recent students have studied in Sussex, England; Cork, Ireland; Sydney, Australia; Vienna, Austria; Christchurch, New Zealand; and Chicago, Illinois.
More Information about …
Instrument Storage Lockers, Instruments available for Lessons or Ensembles, Practice rooms in the Hendricks Center for the Arts, attend conferences. Contact Beth Pohl.