Gain hands-on experience in the Beloit College museums.
Minor Requirements (6 units)
- Museum Studies 145 (.5) and 275.
- Two units from Anthropology 217 or 218; Anthropology/Museum Studies 247; Art History 150 (if topic is directly related to museum studies); Chemistry 225; History 210 (Constructing Archives or Public History); Mathematics/Interdisciplinary Studies 103 (if the term project focuses on a museum studies topic); or Museum Studies 260, 285, or 295. Other courses may be substituted, as determined by the needs of the student and approved by the student’s program advisor.
- Museum Studies 390 (1 unit; may be split between semesters).
- Field Experience 200 (1 unit): an internship of at least 90 hours in a museum or other approved institution.
- Museum Studies 385 (.5).
- Participation in the ongoing programs of the Beloit College museums.
- Only 1 course taken to satisfy a major may be counted toward the museum studies minor.