Resources & Opportunities
Health Professions Advisory Committee
The Health Professions Advisory Committee at Beloit assists students in developing an academic plan to reach their goal of admission to medical school and/or health career preparation programs through advising and dedicated programs.
Health and Society students intern across the world. They teach cooking classes for local teen parents, implement micro-credit programs in Ghana, carry out research and advocacy work for national nonprofits in Washington DC, and provide direct patient care in community health centers.
The Health and Society major requires a credit-bearing internship or other experiential learning component to apply the theories and concepts learned in the major to professional settings. Health and Society majors have interned at a variety of sites, including:
- Health Care Consumers, Champaign, IL
- Wisconsin Department of Health, Madison, WI
- Winnebago County Health Department, Rockford, IL
- Department of Health and Human Services- Office of Women’s Health, Chicago, IL
- National Family Planning & Reproductive Health Association, Washington, DC
- Public Health Reports, Cincinnati, OH
- University of Wisconsin- Madison Nutrition Education Program, Madison, WI
- Beloit Area Community Health Center, Beloit, WI
- Summer Camps for Children with Disabilities, Various Locations