To read about Beloit’s Fall 2021 plans, visit our Back at Beloit information site.

Testing & Certification

The steps you need to work as an educator.

All Education and Youth studies majors will have the opportunity to earn a teaching license allowing them to teach in the public schools in addition to earning their bachelors degree from Beloit College. To be endorsed for a Wisconsin teaching license, must the following requirements. 

Required Tests for Certification

Subject Areas

Students must demonstrate their knowledge of their subject areas through notable achievement in relevant majors or classes, or through testing.

In addition, elementary teachers must also take the Wisconsin Foundation of Reading test. In preparation for this test, please view the preparation materials provided by Wisconsin Foundation of reading. 

Teaching Performance Assessment (edTPA)

Students who are planning on certifying and earning a teaching license will also complete a Teacher Performance Assessment (edTPA) during their student teaching term. Completion and submission of this assessment is required by Beloit College. 

This site uses cookies to improve your experience. Read our Web Privacy Policy for more information.

Got it! ×