For both data analytics and data science majors, students take:
- Core courses in math, statistics, computer science.
- Disciplinary specialty: students choose one discipline (from among economics, psychology, political science, sociology, anthropology, education studies, biology, chemistry, geology) and take a sequence of 3-5 courses that teach students disciplinary thinking and how data is used in that discipline.
- Courses from the humanities on data work.
- One sophomore seminar that introduces students to the data science/analytics major and career.
- One senior seminar or capstone experience, in which students work on a real data project.