- A limited number of Honors Terms Scholar Awards and Honors Terms Service Awards are available to outstanding students who would like to continue their study at Beloit College for an additional term beyond graduation. Students who are selected will receive full tuition remission in exchange for undertaking a project that contributes significantly to the academic and/or co-curricular programs of the College and simultaneously furthers their own academic or professional development. For more information on Honors Terms awards, please visit here.
Student Travel Grants
- Students are eligible to receive up to $300 to attend a conference to present research or a performance. All student participants will be required to fill out a Student Travel Grant form located here. Upon completion, this form should be submitted to Yaffa Grossman, Associate Dean and Director of the Liberal Arts in Practice Center.
Proposing an IDST Major
- Students, in consultation with appropriate faculty members, may develop their own major. A self-designed major combines courses from various departments/programs and independent study projects into a cohesive curriculum of study.
- Final approval of these majors rests with the Interdisciplinary Studies Committee. The Committee evaluates proposals for majors after they have been approved by the faculty members consenting to serve as major advisors.
- Students electing this options may apply as early as their third semester but no later than their fifth semester. Deadline to submit an application is four weeks before the last day of classes if the application is to be acted on that semester.
- For more information on IDST majors, please visit Interdisciplinary Studies.
Problems with professors or courses
- Students who experience problems with a professor should begin by talking with the professor. If further action is required, students should speak with the chair of the department followed by the Provost and Dean of the College.