Skip Navigation

Student Information

Honors Terms

  • A limited number of Honors Terms Scholar Awards and Honors Terms Service Awards are available to outstanding students who would like to continue their study at Beloit College for an additional term beyond graduation. Students who are selected will receive full tuition remission in exchange for undertaking a project that contributes significantly to the academic and/or co-curricular programs of the College and simultaneously furthers their own academic or professional development. For more information on Honors Terms awards, please visit here.

Student Travel Grants

  • Beloit College values student research, performance, and other active involvement in off-campus academic conferences and workshops.  Thus, students may apply to the office of the Provost and Dean of the College for up to $300 to support such participation. To qualify for the grant, a student must be giving a paper or performance, or participating actively in the academic conference or workshop as a result of a competitive application process. To apply, please complete the Student Travel Grant Application and submit it by email to Yaffa Grossman, Associate Dean and Director of the Liberal Arts in Practice Center (

Proposing an IDST Major

  • Students, in consultation with appropriate faculty members, may develop their own major. A self-designed major combines courses from various departments/programs and independent study projects into a cohesive curriculum of study.
  • Final approval of these majors rests with the Interdisciplinary Studies Committee. The Committee evaluates proposals for majors after they have been approved by the faculty members consenting to serve as major advisors.
  • Students electing this options may apply as early as their third semester but no later than their fifth semester. Deadline to submit an application is four weeks before the last day of classes if the application is to be acted on that semester.

Problems with professors or courses

  • Students who experience problems with a professor should begin by talking with the professor. If further action is required, students should speak with the chair of the department followed by contacting the office of the Provost and Dean of the College.