How do I design my own major or minor?
Students, in consultation with appropriate faculty members, may develop their own major. A self-designed major combines courses from various departments/ programs and independent study projects into a cohesive curriculum of study.
Final approval of these majors rests with the Interdisciplinary Studies Committee. The committee evaluates proposals for majors after they have been approved by the faculty members consenting to serve as major advisors.
Students electing this option may apply as early as their third semester but no later than their fifth semester. Deadline to submit an application is four weeks before the last day of classes if the application is to be acted on that semester.
For more information on IDST majors, please visit: http://www.beloit.edu/interdisciplinary/
- How Do I Apply For an Honors Term?
- When will I find out if my Honors Term has been approved?
- What should I do if I have a problem with a professor?
- How can I receive funding for conference travel?
- How do I design my own major or minor?
- What steps do I need to take when transferring to another college?
- How can I receive funding for a conference or scholarly project?
- What is the Wednesday Calendar and where can I find it?