Thinking About Leaving?
- No cost/penalty if prior to room cancellation deadline (unless leaves during a term).
- Student may take 3 consecutive vacation terms (then will be withdrawn by Registrar).
- There are no disadvantages to taking a vacation term as opposed to withdrawing.
Procedures - The Student must:
- Meet with the Asso. Dean of Students or Assistant Dean of Students to:
- Discuss reasons for leaving.
- Do a "vacation term interview."
- Obtain a Checklist of Procedures which sends the student to: Accounting, Advisor, Athletics, Faculty, Financial Aid, International Education, Library, Mail Center, Registrar, Residential Life, Work-study employer.
- Drop courses if leaving during the semester or if pre-registered for the vacation term:
- Before the drop deadline - with a drop card.
- After drop deadline – By petition to aPC for WPs or late drops. Requires support of course faculty, academic advisor, and medical or counseling verification, if appropriate.
- Inform Residential Life of plan:
- By Dec. 1st for spring semester; June 15th for fall semester - to avoid charges.
- Sometimes a few days' extension can be arranged. (Failure to notify Res. Life by these dates incurs a 20% penalty on room cost).
Returning to Beloit
- Registrar sends registration materials via email.
- Student consults advisor & advisor clears student for registration
- Student submits course selections via email to Registrar or registers themselves during on line registration.
- Student contacts Accounting, Financial Aid, and Residential Life Offices.
Student Is Undecided Whether To Return or Leave?
- Should pre-register, sign up for a room, submit financial aid forms.
- Cancel room by Dec. 1st (for spring) or June 15th (for fall) to avoid financial penalties.
- Decide by the beginning of the semester if s/he doesn't mind paying room penalty.
- Do an exit interview (see above).
- Contact the Dean of Students Office if s/he makes decision NOT to return during the vacation, and confirm this in writing.
Reapplying to Beloit after Withdrawing
- Must complete a re-application form provided by the Dean of Students Office.
- Must write a letter explaining circumstances of leaving and returning.
- Must be readmitted by aPC (probably if student left in good standing).
- Must pay a $500 reapplication fee if readmitted. (Refundable upon graduation).