Skip Navigation

Declaring a Major

To Officially Declare (or Change) a Major or a Minor or a Program

  1. Obtain a Major/Minor/Program Declaration Form from the the Registrar's Office (Pearsons, 2nd floor).
  2. Complete the Form.
  3. Obtain all of the necessary signatures on the Form (previous advisor, new department chair).
  4. Return the completed Form to the Registrar's Office.
  5. Declare a major before the end of your sophomore year (or five semesters before you intend to graduate).
  6. See your academic advisor or contact the the Faculty Director of Academic Advising (608-363-2602) if you have questions or concerns.