What Does Food Mean to You?
- What memories do you have of food?
- How does your identity inform what and how you eat?
- Where does your food come from?
- Who taught you about the food you make and eat?
- Is your food linked to immigration and migration stories?
These are some of the questions students in Dr. Jennifer Esperanza’s Food and Culture class at Beloit College thought about as they explored food’s many meanings. In this exhibit, students share stories about food and what it means to them, their families, and those around them.
We invite you to visit the exhibit to read these stories, learn a new recipe, and think about what food means to you.