Maintenance Engineer/HVAC Specialist
The Facilities Departments are essential contributors to the residential teaching and learning experience at Beloit College. The operation, quality, cleanliness and appearance of the residential, academic and administrative spaces on campus help to create a healthy and pleasant living, learning and working environment. The maintenance engineer/HVAC specialist position requires the ability to effectively interact with diverse faculty, staff and students while conducting a variety of duties relating to the maintenance and upkeep of buildings on Beloit’s campus. The maintenance engineer/HVAC specialist will be dedicated to the Powerhouse, a signature new recreation center and student union, and is responsible for the operation, maintenance, and repair of its infrastructure and multiple mechanical systems. The Powerhouse features a geothermal heating and cooling system and the position is responsible for monitoring and programming of building automation systems for proper operation and to ensure compliance of established energy policies.
For a compete job description click here.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitors, maintains and is the primary contact for all building operation systems including HVAC, lighting, fire, sprinkler, and the CCURE key-card software.
- Analyzes data from BAS and makes recommendations for improvements to equipment and systems.
- Determines materials and costs for projects and routine tasks.
- Lays out work from blueprints, sketches, or verbal instructions. Establishes completion schedules for projects and estimates time and material quantities required
- Assists maintenance staff as necessary, including advising or training for backup and on call for Powerhouse systems.
- Communicates with department heads regarding planning, scheduling, and progress of maintenance projects as assigned.
- Assists in the development and implementation of standard operating procedures, preventive and operational maintenance standards for the Powerhouse.
- Maintains courteous and professional contact in face to face situations and also while communicating via phone, email, and radio.
- Promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Serves as the primary contact and coordinates facilities special projects with contractors, in house maintenance staff and campus faculty and staff.
- Assist with snow removal as directed by supervisor.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Credentials and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience with heat exchangers and chillers.
- Journeyman level experience in HVAC, with experience in physical plant operations; previous geothermal systems experience preferred.
Because equity and inclusion are central to our students’ liberal education and vital to the thriving of all members of our residential learning community, Beloit College aspires to be an actively anti-racist institution. We recognize our aspiration as ongoing and institution-wide, involving collective commitment and accountability. We welcome employees who are committed to and will actively contribute to our efforts to celebrate our cultural and intellectual richness and be resolute in advancing inclusion and equity. We encourage all interested individuals meeting the criteria of the described position to apply.
Located in a diverse community close to Madison, Milwaukee, and Chicago, Beloit is a selective undergraduate liberal arts college that attracts students from across the United States and the world. The college emphasizes excellence in teaching, learning beyond the traditional classroom, international perspectives, and collaborative research among students and faculty. It is recognized as one of the Colleges That Change Lives.
How to Apply
To apply send a cover letter, resume, and names and contact information of three professional references electronically to: BCMaint2019@beloit.edu