Welty Environmental Education Summer Fellowship
The Welty Sustainability Fellow will design environmental education programs, assist with environmental education programs, matching Wisconsin and Illinois state learning standards to environmental education programs offered at the Welty Environmental Center, and help the staff with day-to-day operations at the Welty Environmental Center. Design of programs will include summer day camp programming for elementary aged children, public programs for all ages, and reworking the established school program curriculum.
The fellow will be asked to assist in leading environmental education programs throughout the summer months. These will include summer day camp programming for elementary aged children, programs for early childhood groups, fishing programs for elementary through middle school aged children, and programming for families of all ages. There will be programming during the day on weekdays, as well as occasional evenings and weekends. In order to perform the duties of the position the fellow should be able to walk on uneven ground, be outside during heat, rain, wind and any other typical weather of the area, work with people of all ages, but especially children, be organized, and be able to work independently.
See http://www.weltycenter.org/ for information about the Welty Center.
Past Welty Sustainability Fellows an their poster titles are below:
- Laramie Wieseman , Cultivating Environmentally-Aware Citizens through Welty Environmental Center, 2014
- Anne Bardo, Creating Enthusiasm for Science in Children, 2013
- Clara Baker, Young Explorers at the Welty Environmental Center, 2012
- Ashley Lanham, Experiencing the Environment at the Welty Environmental Center, 2011
- Jessica Buchberger, Outdoor Play in Beloit and the Welty Environmental Center, 2010