The SSS Grant Aid Award is a financial award available to SSS participants through a generous grant from the US Department of Education.
SSS Grant Aid is intended to:
- Improve participant retention by supplementing financial assistance for low-income participants with unmet financial need.
- Improve academic success by reducing the number of hours participants need to work.
- Provide incentives for participants to make timely progress in their degree program and successfully complete their coursework.
- Demonstrate support for participants who are actively using SSS resources to facilitate their academic success.
Criteria to be eligible:
- Pell Grant recipient.
- Unmet financial need (determined by the Office of Financial Aid).
- Good academic standing (minimum 2.5 cum GPA).
- Enrolled full-time.
- Freshman or Sophomore class standing.
- Complete all program Participation requirements and attend 2 Mandatory Financial Literacy Workshop.
Grant Aid Award Application
LATE or INCOMPLETE applications will NOT be considered.
"Student Support Services holds a very important place in my heart. Not only does it help alleviate a little of the daunting cost of college, but it has provided me with a safe haven for dealing with personal issues. I find SSS to be a caring place where I can go to talk about anything that I need to and get the advice and help I require. I'm glad that Beloit College has this program, and I don't know how I could've survived Freshman year without it."
-- Devon A. ‘12