Post Graduate Study & Career Planning Resources
The SSS program provides guidance for post graduate studies and career planning. We offer resources to help with post graduate testing such as the GRE, LSAT and MCAT.
There is also an opportunity for eligible junior and senior students to attend an overnight graduate school retreat, where students learn how to write a letter of intent, fill out financial aid forms, and work on graduate school applications.
The SSS program also has a strong working relationship with the Liberal Arts in Practice Center (LAPC).
The LAPC provides students with support in securing internships and internship funding, exploring community outreach opportunities, preparing for graduate school, and receiving guidance related to career planning.
Focus on the Future
The Focus on the Future (FOF) program at Beloit College is tailored to help educate rising Sophomores, Juniors, and some Seniors about careers, leadership skills, research opportunities, and post graduate educational opportunities.
The program is designed to provide students the essential information needed to succeed their last few years at Beloit College and prepare them for life after Beloit.
Selected students will live on campus, attend daily workshops, and participate in a community project.
What do you do during Focus on the Future?
- Learn about leaderships skills
- Develop networking skills
- Gain knowledge of campus research opportunities
- Mock interviews
- Create resumes/ curriculum vitae (CV)
- Interact with key faculty and staff
- Attend valuable workshops
- Bond with other participants
What are the benefits?
- Increase personal, academic, and social skills that are essential for future educational and career success
- Learn Beloit College standards and expectations for campus research opportunities
- Complete assessments that will help you learn about personal leadership skills and career options
- Create a network of faculty, staff, and peer connections in a supportive environment
When is it?
January 25-26, 2014
What does it cost?
Nothing – It is FREE!
Who will be there?
Focus on the Future (FOF) is for Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors who are in the Student Support Services program at Beloit College.
Where do I go for more information?
Contact Nate Edwards