What’s up with summer reunion? Here’s the scoop!
7.5 reasons “why summer”
7. Enjoy reunion with more than 12% of your classmates! That is the average number of reunion-class alumni who make it back for fall reunion so it’s time to see if summer works better for the majority of us.
6. Summer = vacation time! Pack your sunglasses; the beer and ice cream will be cold.
5. From June to September, you have time to make your winning homecoming float.
4.5 Allegheny, Amherst, Bates, Carleton, Connecticut, Depauw U., Dickinson, Gettysburg, Kenyon, Lawrence U., Macalester, Skidmore, St. Lawrence U., and Wooster have summer reunion. We’re not into following the herd, but alumni with spouses who have summer reunion tell us that they love it.
4. You just can’t get enough of Beloit. TWO chances to come back to Beloit – reunion weekend and homecoming weekend!
3. Alumni rule the campus for the weekend! Events are scheduled around YOU. And, you can still share them with faculty and students – it’s like having your cake and eating it too!
2. You can run rampant through the residence halls. Yes, you heard us, literally take over the lounges and hang out as late as you want. “It was really great to be back. It was great to stay at the dorms and party at the Wall--staying at a hotel would not have been the same experience.” –’82 alum after summer reunion.
1. There are no seasons in the Coughy Haus.