The Professional Staff
The Professional Staff (Director, Assistant Director, Area Hall Directors) work with students on issues and concerns involving living on campus and eating in the dining hall. They provide opportunities for learning and growth through programs, activities and student interactions created through positive hall environments. The Staff is trained and capable of helping with many issues and concerns. Some of these include:
- Personal counseling issues (i.e. depression, homesickness, problems at home, suicide, relationship problems, roommate conflicts, sexual assault, personal harassment, adjustment issues)
- Social issues (not making friends, not feeling connected peer pressure, what to do in Beloit, Outreach Center opportunities)
- Academic issues (not going to class, lack of motivation, study strategies in residence halls)
- Behavior management/discipline (irresponsible alcohol use, vandalism, drug abuse, violence, policy violations)
- Crisis intervention (personal injury, fire, severe weather, violence)
- Referral to campus resources (campus counselor, Heath Center, Learning Support Services, Career Services in the Liberal Arts in Practice Center, World Affairs Center)
- Drug and alcohol education programming (substance free events, educational information)
- Multicultural Education
Community Service Opportunities (off campus experiences and on campus tutoring.)
|John Winkelmann, Associate Dean of Students, Director of Residential Life
John has served as Director for over 20 years. He is dedicated student learning, student governed communities with an emphasis on relationships and residential support for the academic mission of Beloit. He has a B.S in Biology and M.Ed. in Counseling from Loyola University in Chicago. In John’s spare time he has served for the last 12 years on the Beloit School Board. He enjoys working on his home including gardening and cooking.
|Amber Moreyra, Assistant Director
Amber has been at Beloit College since January 2010. She has a BBA in Finance from UW-Whitewater and an MS in Educational Leadership from Minnesota State University, Mankato. Outside of work, Amber has a great appreciation for reality tv, rollerblading, and hanging out with her cat, Gabby.
|Elise Bottensek, Office Coordinator
Elise officially joined the Res Life family in March of 2012 as the Office Coordinator. She loves spending time with her family to go letterboxing and on hiking trips to Devil's Lake and Starved Rock. She belongs to a (greeting) card-making club, plays Bunco, and enjoys working in her yard.
|Mike Russell, Area Hall Director // Student Engagement and Leadership & Campus Center Mike is the AHD for the South Complex. He joined Beloit's Res Life team in July 2011. He graduated from North Central College in Naperville, Illinois with a degree in Accounting and Management. On campus, he lives in Wood Hall. Outside of work, he enjoys watching cooking shows, exploring new music, and spending time with friends|
|Kelsey Schultz, Area Hall Director // Student Engagement and Leadership & Campus Center
Kelsey came to Beloit in July of 2012 and is the Area Hall Director for the '64 Complex. She graduated from Western Washington University with a degree in Psychology and a minor in Communication. In Beloit, she lives in Blaisdell and loves to create Modge Podge magazine collages, explore cemeteries, dance, and is very curious about the world.
|Sarah Tweedale, Area Hall Director // Intercultural Initiatives
Sarah joined the ResLife staff in July 2012 as the North Complex Hall Director. She graduated with a degree in Sociology and Psychology from the University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire. Sarah lives in Aldrich and enjoys reading, playing board games with a bunch of people, and amusing her kitten, Benny. She is also obsessed with the Olympics when relevant.