Registration Guidelines for Returning Students
FALL 2014 REGISTRATION
- All continuing, off-campus study, and current vacation term students intending to return for the Fall 2014 term must register in April.
- May I enroll in more than 4.75 units? No, not prior to the first day of classes in the fall. On or after the first day of classes (August 25, 2014), students wishing to elect units in excess of 4.75 may do so with the written authorization of both the major advisor and the Registrar. Such approval requires that the student have a minimum grade point average of 3.200 and no incompletes, and shall be made only after evaluating the student's academic progress and the reasonableness of his or her program. No student may register for more than 5.5 units in either the fall or the spring term. Students seeking an exception to this policy may petition the Academic Performance Committee. For information, deadlines, and the procedure to request an exception, go to course overload policy
- Attend activities during Connecting Beloit: An Advising Practicum, Wednesday, March 26.
- Schedule a meeting with your academic advisor between Thursday, March 27 and Friday, April 4.
- Go to the Portal to peruse the course offerings for the Fall term, before your advising appointment. (The Fall schedule is expected to be available no later than March 25.)
- Meet with your advisor and prioritize your course selections.
- Tuesday, April 8-Friday, April 11: Register yourself on-line via the Portal.
o April 8, Day 1, beginning at 7:30 am: up to 1.00 unit of credit.
o April 9, Day 2, beginning at 7:30 am: up to a total of 2.00 units.
o April 10, Day 3, beginning at 7:30 am: up to a total of 3.00 units.
o April 11, Day 4, beginning at 7:30 am: up to a total of 4.75 units.
On-line registration closes at 9:00pm on April 11.
- Monday, April 14-Friday, April 18
- ADD-DROP WEEK
Students may add/drop during this special add-drop week, if they need to change their course selections or were unable to register during the previous week of on-line registration.
All students intending to be full-time for the Fall term should make sure they are registered for at least 3 units by the end of this week. No student may register for more than 4.75 units until August.
Add/drop is via the paper add/drop form (green card). Signatures of the
instructor and an academic advisor are required to make changes.
See Academic Calendar for Fall 2014 for additional Fall add/drop dates.
- ADD-DROP WEEK
“WHAT IF….? TIPS to help you successfully register”
o I cannot sign up for a course because it says I’ve not fulfilled the prerequisite, but I do have transfer credit that qualifies or I have instructor permission to enroll:
Ask the professor to contact the Registrar’s Office, so we can “authorize” your enrollment, which will then enable you to register yourself.
o How do I sign up for a special project, an internship, or TA credit?
You cannot do that on line. You must complete a Special Project Contract form for a special project, an Internship Registration form for an internship and an add/drop card to register for TA credit.
o I want to take a vacation term this spring:
Contact the Dean of Students Office to schedule an Exit Interview.
o I am currently studying off campus. How do I register?
Follow the same procedure as on-campus students. Contact your advisor via email. If you think you may have a problem connecting to the Portal from your remote location, then email a prioritized list of your course selections to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Sunday, November 10, and the Registrar's Office staff will take care of registering you for courses.
o I am currently on a vacation term. How do I register?
Follow the same procedure as on-campus students. Contact your advisor via email, unless you are in the Beloit area and can set up a personal appointment.
o I have approval to study off campus next term. Do I need to register?
Yes, you should register for the appropriate “SAB” (study abroad) or “OFFC” (domestic program). Some “SAB” programs require enrollment in the corresponding IDST 288 (Cities in Transition) course as well. Email email@example.com , if you have a question.
- Useful Resources