Notes About Requirements
Notes about requirements:
- You may substitute BIOL 247 (Biometrics) for PSYC 161.
- Complete your supporting courses by the end of your junior year (sooner is better).
- You may take up to 3 units of psychology at another college/university and apply those credits toward your psychology requirements with permission from the department. Check with the Registrar and your advisor before enrolling. PSYC 162 (Research Methods and Statistics II) must be taken at Beloit.
- We encourage you to elect courses that are designed to improve your communication skills (e.g., WRIT 200: Writing Practicum, TDMS 101: Public Address). We also recommend that you learn how to use computers beyond word processing (e.g., Excel for spreadsheets; SPSS, JMP for data analysis).
- Many graduate programs expect students to have participated in research as undergraduates. If you plan to attend graduate school, you should discuss research opportunities with your faculty advisor during your sophomore or junior year.