We are here to help you with your printing needs. The Print Shop is equipped with printing presses, a color copier, and a black & white copier. We also do a variety of binding services such as 3 hole punching, plastic comb binding, stapling, collating, and padding.
When putting files together for printing, create full color files at 300 dpi and in the RGB color space for small color copier runs. For large press runs, create greyscale or duotone (2 color) files at 300 dpi in the greyscale color space. In either case, submit your job to the Print Shop as a PDF.
Please read the following list of Print Shop specifications. While we are here to serve you, there are rules & regulations that we must follow. We will do everything we can do to help you within our capabilities.
BELOIT COLLEGE PRINT SHOP SPECIFICATIONS
- Acceptable file formats are: Digital file must be saved to a PDF format. We can also print .jpg format if done in high resolution. Hard copies will be scanned to copiers.
- All photos must be 200-300 dpi. RULE: Never use any image from the Web. Any file done at 72 dpi is for ELECTRONIC USE ONLY. 72 dpi files cannot be resized as pixelation will occur.
- RGB files are acceptable for the color copier. All photos must be either greyscale .tifs or pantone duotone .eps files for press.
- PDF files will be accepted via email. Please fill out the printing request form along with the file you are submitting. List your department and account number the job is to be charged to. Put the total number of the finished product you want along with what type of paper you want the job run on, if it is a copy job, press run, etc. List the finishing/bindery you want done on the job such as collating, stapling, padding, plastic comb binding, etc. The printing request form can be found here.
- You may also submit personal jobs but they must not be for profit. We can only print nonprofit work such as flyers, invitations, posters, etc. Students can print class projects and jobs for clubs. We accept cash or checks made out to Beloit College for personal jobs. Students must have their club account numbers with them when they place an order. Any club that is a 72 account through Student Engagement and Leadership must have a signed permission slip before they can charge their job. You can get these at Student Engagement and Leadership.
- If you have any questions or concerns please contact the Print Shop and ask before you design. This will save you a lot of time and money. Email questions to: Mona at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notice: The copyright law of the United States (Title 17 U.S. Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted material. The person using this equipment is liable for any infringement. Please check this link for further information: copyrightfaqs