Florence: Arts, Humanities & Culture
The Florence Program provides opportunities for students to explore Renaissance Italy through a variety of courses that take advantage of the program location in Florence. In addition to a required Italian language course, students choose from course offerings in Renaissance art history, Italian culture, and studio art.
- Fall semester
- Curriculum (each of the courses below carries 4 semester hour credits with a normal course load consisting of Italian plus three elective courses)
- Italian language. Multiple levels available.
- Florentine Renaissance Art: From the Age of Lorenzo il Magnifico to Cosimo I
- Politics of Art in Early Renaissance Florence
- Studio Art: Drawing the Human Figure
- Celebrating the City: The Image of Florence as Shaped Through the Arts
- The Professional Artist in Renaissance Florence
- Housing: host families
- Beloit College students: Beloit College tuition, room and board (double room), the Beloit activities fee, and a $50 overseas administrative fee. Note: Beloit College students may pay a tuition surcharge to participate in this program.
- ACM students: $13,000 plus $5,000 program fee covering room, board, and excursions
- Non-ACM students: $14,500 plus $5,000 program fee covering room, board, and excursions
- Eligibility: No prerequisites.
- Application procedures:
- Beloit College students apply using the StudioAbroad application system
- Non-Beloit students submit applications to the Associated Colleges of the Midwest
- Program highlights: Florence as learning laboratory; 4-week orientation program integrated with Italian Language Instruction; two excursions to other sites in Italy.
The Beloit College Florence Program is registered with the Italian Ministry of Education and recognized as an American institution of higher education in Italy. Beloit College is a member of the Associated Colleges of the Midwest (ACM) and the Program welcomes students from each ACM college as participants in the program through this academic affiliation.