Russian Major (13 units)
1. Nine departmental units (above 105):
- a. One unit taken from each of the following groupings:
1. Russian 210, 215.b. Russian 360
2. Russian 250, 255, 260 or Russian Studies 250.
3. Russian 220, 310, 315.
c. Five elective units in Russian.
2. Supporting courses (4 units) Choose one of the three options available:
b. Double majors are encouraged, and in such cases required courses in the other majors are acceptable as supporting courses toward a major in Russian.
c. The student may submit a proposal to the major advisor for an individual plan of courses for meeting the requirement of four supporting courses.
3. Majors normally spend one semester or academic year in Russia on Beloit College's program in Moscow. With t he consent of the advisor, some courses completed abroad may be used toward the major.
4. Majors are encouraged to live at least one semester in the Russian House.
5. Writing/Communication requirement: see East Asian Languages and Cultures.