2008 Forum Schedule
Note: Readings may be selected from the Information Literacy Bibliography
- Tuesday, May 20, 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 pm
- 9:00 - Refreshments
- 9:15 - Introduction to program and forum goals
Faculty participants tell about their tentative plans and what they hope to get out of the program
- 10:00 - Information Literacy and Writing - Chuck Lewis
- 12:00 - Lunch
- 1:00 - Discuss "what aren't you getting from your students that you want them to be able to do well?"
How information literacy conceptual frameworks and assessment fit in - Chris Nelson
- 1:30 - Sample activity
- 2:45 - Wrap up
- Wednesday, May 21, 9:00 am - 12:00 noon
- 9:00 - Digital resources and information literacy - Josh Hickman
Beloit College Digital Collections
- 10:00 - Assignment ideas, look at past participants' projects, discuss assessment and successful approaches - Chris Nelson
- 10:45 - Break
- 11:00 - Using Technology and Moodle to advance information literacy - Sarah Dutcher
- 11:45 Give faculty assignment, due Friday:
- Prepare a tentative class component.
- Could be a semester-long plan or a one hour session.
- Explicitly address:
- How does this plan challenge students to see/hear/do?
- How will student learning be assessed?
- Thursday, May 22
- Faculty work on plans, have opportunities to collaborate with information literacy staff.
- Friday, May 23, 9:00 am - 12:30 pm
- Faculty present plans.
- 30 minute presentation, 10 minute discussion each.
- Lunch included.