Mission & Goals
Information Services and Resources Division Mission and Goals
The Beloit College Information Services and Resources (ISR) Division provides access to information resources, supports their use, and serves as a center for engaged learning, with an aim to enhance the mission of the College in providing a learning and living environment dedicated to the cultivation of liberally educated persons. Through partnerships with the students, faculty, and staff of the College, the ISR Division will:
- Provide direction, vision, and stewardship for information services and resources through a continuous, collaborative, and cooperative planning and prioritization process that addresses College programmatic needs and the financial implications.
- Promote the integration of information and technology into the College's teaching and learning initiatives through course-integrated instruction and information services that facilitate the use of resources; foster critical thinking; and enable students, faculty, and staff to creatively and productively enhance their academic, administrative, and co-curricular activities.
- Develop, organize, and maintain information resources that enhance the educational process both in terms of teaching and scholarship, support effective business operations, and document the College's history.
- Create and maintain user-centered environments conducive to intellectual vitality, exploration, contemplation, the exchange of ideas, and connective experiences.
- Enhance and maximize the resources and services available to the College community through partnerships with other organizations and campus departments.