Col. Robert H. Morse Library Richard Black Information Center
731 College Street
Beloit, Wisconsin 53511-5509
Telephone: 608-363-2230 - Fax: 608-363-2487
The Colonel Robert H. Morse Library - Richard Black Information Center was built in 1961 and renovated in 1991. The library's collections include 240,000 books and bound periodicals, 1100 periodicals and newspapers, a rich collection of electronic resources, government documents, audio-visual materials, and the College Archives. Computers in the library provide network authenticated access to a suite of Library and campus computing resources, including the Internet, for campus users. There is limited access to the online catalog and the Internet for guests.
The library 's design is notable for its open stack arrangement, individual study carrels, seminar rooms, and faculty study carrels. The building houses an extensive listening and viewing area which is designed to permit individual use of audio/video materials in many formats. The library also houses the College's Cullister International Center which includes collections on international law, world order, multi-national organizations,and relations between nations and cultures, as well as the College's Kohler Science Collection.
Sources that are not in Beloit's collection may be obtained through interlibrary loan. In addition, there is an agreement with the University of Wisconsin Madison which allows Beloit students to use their library facility of nearly five million volumes.