Think BIG! Beloit Internship Grants
Beloit College is pleased to announce receipt of a grant from Great Lakes Higher Education Guaranty Corporation's Career Ready Internship Initiative for the implementation of Think BIG!, a program to create 15 paid internships in the Beloit Community for Beloit College juniors and seniors with demonstrated financial need. Think BIG! will provide organizations with funding for a full time intern for 10-weeks during the summer of 2014. Interns will earn $12.29/hour for ten weeks of full-time (40 hours per week) work. In addition, students will receive a travel allowance of $200, which they can use for gas or public transportation.
In order to participate in the Think BIG! program, students must fulfill the following criteria:
- Junior or senior status by summer 2014,
- Demonstrated financial need. (Financial need is determined by calculating the cost of attendance, subtracting the Estimated Family Contribution from student's current FAFSA, and any gift aid. If there is still a need, then the student is eligible.)
- Earn academic credit during internship, either through a faculty sponsor or the Liberal Arts in Practice Center workshop
- Applications must be submitted to the Liberal Arts in Practice Center (email@example.com) by 4:00 p.m. on Monday, March 17, 2014. A completed application will include: completed application with short essays, resume, cover letter, PDF of unofficial transcript.
- Interviews will be conducted by the internships site in late March and early April.
- Offers will be extended no later than mid-April.
- Students who are offered and accept an internship will be required to attend the following pre- and post-internship workshops:
- Pre-internship orientation workshop: week of May 12
- Post-internship evaluation workshop: week of August 18
Each internship is described in further detail in the job description. Please click on the position title for more detail.
Beloit Regional Hospice
Bushel & Peck's Local Market
Burpee Museum of Natural History
Diversity Action Team of Rock County
Downtown Beloit Association
HealthNet of Rock County
Rock County Historical Society