An internship is an excellent way to put the liberal arts into practice. Internships are a form of experiential learning in which you learn about a career that interests you through direct experience in that field. Internships are similar to summer or part-time jobs in some ways. However, internships are usually more substantial than part-time or summer jobs. There is a focus an an opportunity to reflect on the learning that takes place at your internship site. Types of internships vary widely; Internships can be done throughout the year, can be paid or unpaid, and are available locally, nationally, and internationally.
What are the benefits of an internship?
- Internships can help you learn a great deal about work environment, cultures, and supervisory styles. You can also build on intercultural and communication skills.
- Internships provide a medium to test the theories and principles learned in the classroom.
- Internships can be critical to helping students narrow down, and perhaps choose, a specific career direction.
- Employers value students who have demonstrated successful professional experience outside the classroom.
- Excellent performance in an internship can result in a full-time offer from an employer.
Contact us to discuss internship opportunities and begin the search process. Our staff is here to assist you!