UPDATE: Moodle 2 versions of each instance are now live. Please make sure to update any bookmarks or favorites to the new URLs.
We have replaced the two old instances with two instances running upgraded software on Tuesday, June 4 2013.
- old Moodle has been given a new URL of https://bcmoodle2012.
> This will serve as an archive for all courses from the 2012 academic year and prior.
> This instance will only be available within the campus network.
- the Moodle pilot wil be given a new URL of https://moodle.beloit.edu.
> We will set up a redirect from https://bcmoodle.beloit.edu to this address through the end of the Fall 2013 semester.
- the Moodle Groups pilot will be given a new URL of https://moodlegroups.
> We will set up a redirect from https://bcmoodle.beloit.edu/
groups to this address through the end of the Fall 2013 semester.
Please make sure to update any bookmarks or favorites to the new URLs.
Please stay tuned for announcements about training opportunities. If you would like to read about what is new in Moodle 2, please checkout this link: http://tinyurl.com/
You can also check out the updated Faculty guide: http://tinyurl.com/
If you have any questions please contact the Moodle Administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org, x2456)
Moodle is the open-source learning management system (LMS) used by Beloit College. Moodle can be used for posting course readings, syllabi, creating online activities for students, and more. Click here for documentation. For the latest news regarding Moodle at Beloit, click here.
We have two separate instances of Moodle:
- Moodle [for all academic courses]
- Moodle Groups [for all administrative courses (committees, reading groups, etc.)]
Past courses will be grouped annually and listed here. These instance(s) will only be available within the campus network. You can access the archive site(s) at:
- Academic Year (AY) 2012 and earlier - https://bcmoodle2012.beloit.edu
For additional information and or questions, contact the Moodle Administrator (email@example.com, x2456).
Requesting a Course
If you would like to request the creation of a course in Moodle Groups please make the request through SchoolDude. You may only request Moodle Groups courses through SchoolDude. You do not need to request academic courses as they are are created automatically as they are created through an integration between Moodle and JICS (the Portal).
To make a request:
1. Navigate to the SchoolDude Requestor page
2. Enter your Beloit College email address to log in.
3. Click the "IT Request" tab
4. Enter your location information
5. Select Learning Management System as the problem type (click on the icon)
If this is an emergency, check the box to note that. You may also call or email IT Support at x2067 or firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Enter a description of the issue you are having or if you are requesting the creation of a Moodle Groups course you will need to enter the following information:
- desired title for the course
- additional course facilitators
- any additional notes
7. Enter tag number of the computer you are using
8. Attach any files (if necessary)
9. Enter the submittal password (this may be found on the SchoolDude page in the Portal)
10. Click Submit