Zipping A File on PC
Click here for a printable version of this document.
- Locate the file or files that you wish to zip
- If you will be zipping up multiple files, hold down Shift or Ctrl key on your keyboard while selecting the files.
- Holding down Shift while clicking on file names will allow you to select contiguous files (highlight the first file, press shift and highlight the last file in the list)
- Holding down Ctrl while clicking on file names will allow you to select either contiguous or non-contiguous files
- *Note that multiple files need to be stored in the same folder.
- If you will only be zipping one file, click on the file name to select it
- Right click on the file(s) once selected and go to the Send To option
- Choose Compressed (zipped) folder from the Send To menu
- A new .zip file will be created in the same folder the original file(s) were located in
- Double click on the zipped file to view its contents
*A zipped file can be attached to an email just like any other file