Zipping on a Mac
Click here for a printable version of this document.
- Locate the file or files that you wish to zip
- If you will be zipping up multiple files, hold down Shift key on your keyboard while selecting the files.
- *Note that multiple files need to be stored in the same folder
- If you will only be zipping one file, click on the file name to select it
- Ctrl + Click on the file(s) once selected to bring up the "right click" menu
- Choose Create Archive of (filename or number of items selected) from the menu
- A new .zip file will be created in the same folder the original file(s) were located in
- Double click on the zipped file to extract the contents to the same location as the zipped file
- If the zipped file contains multiple files, an Archive folder will be created containing the files
- If the zipped file contains one file, the file will be extracted in the same location as the zipped file
*A zipped file can be attached to an email just like any other file