Registering Your Computer/Device
If you connect to the wired network, you will need to register your device(s) once per academic year. Any device that only connects wirelessly does not need to be registered.
To register a computer/device for wired network access you will need:
- Up to date security patches for your Operating System (OS)
- Current anti-virus software for devices that support anti-virus software
- Your computer/device connected to the network through orange wall jack
- A web browser 1,2
To Register your computer/device:
- Open your web browser. You should be automatically redirected to the registration page.
- If not go to the Registration site and follow the directions on the page.
1 If your device does not have a browser and you are wired (plugged into an ethernet port), obtain the MAC address from the device and then click here to manually register the MAC address of your device, i.e. X-box, Playstation, etc
2 If your device does not have a browser, cannot be connected to the wired network, and is unable to connect to BCNet wirelessly, you may be able to connect by following these steps:
- Obtain the MAC address from the device
- Go to https://wifi.beloit.edu/guest to register the MAC address of your device
- Connect the device to BCGuest wireless network
If you are still having problems, please contact IT Support.