Registering Your Computer/Device
To register a computer/device for Beloit College network access you will need:
- A Beloit College email account (Contact IT Support if you don't have a Beloit College account yet)
- Your computer/device configured to obtain an IP address via DHCP
- A web browser *If your device does not have a browser, click here to manually register your device; i.e. X-box, Playstation, etc.*
- Up to date security patches for your Operating System (OS)
- Current anti-virus software
- Your computer/device connected to the network (either through orange wall jack or via the ISR wireless network)
To Register your computer/device:
Open your web browser. You should be automatically redirected to the registration page. If not go to https://netreg.beloit.edu/register.html
Follow the directions on the page.
- Your username is your email address before the @ (e.g. john smith's email address is email@example.com. His user name is smithj).
- You must register from your own computer/device or your computer/device will not work on the network.
- If you are planning on using both the wired and wireless networks, you will need to register once under each connection.
- After entering your username and password, click the "Accept" button.
- Clear the cache on your browser. This is a very common problem for Mac OSX users.
If you are repeatedly redirected to the registration page, this will often solve the problem.
- Try another browser if your default one does not work.
This is most often a problem when using Internet Explorer.
We recommend using Mozilla Firefox which is a free download.
- Make sure your network settings are configured to use DHCP.
- If you have a personal firewall, make sure it isn't blocking your network port from connecting to the network. If in doubt temporarily turn off your firewall.
If you are still having problems, please contact IT Support.