Windows 7/Vista Wireless
Click here for a printable version of this document.
Note: It is important to run all software updates on your Machine before following these instructions. Failure to update the latest software may result in an inability to connect to the ISR wireless network.
1) Click the Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2) Navigate to the Network and Internet portion of the Control Panel.
3) Navigate to the Network and Sharing Center submenu.
4) Click on Manage wireless networks in the sidebar located on the left.
5) Click Add to add in a new wireless network.
6) Select Manually create a network profile.
7) Enter ISR as the Network name. Select WPA-Enterprise as Security Type. Select TKIP as Encryption type. Click Next.
8) Click Change connection settings.
9) Click on the Security tab on the top of the window. Verify Security type is set to WPA-Enterprise and Encryption type is TKIP. Select Microsoft: Protocol EAP (PEAP) as authentication method and click on Settings.
10) Make sure Validate server certificate is unchecked. Click Configure.
11) Uncheck Automatically use Windows logon name and password. Click OK.
12) Click OK.
13) Select Advanced settings.
14) Make sure Specify authentication mode is set to User authentication and click Save credentials.
15) Enter in your Beloit College username and password and click OK.
16) Click OK.
17) Click OK.
18) Click Close.
19) Repeat steps 5-18 but use ISR2 as the network name, WPA2-Enterprise as the security type, and AES as the Encryption type.
20) Your computer should now automatically connect to an ISR wireless access point when it is in range.
21) If this is your first time connecting this computer to the ISR wireless network, you will be prompted to register your computer.
If you are interested in increasing wireless security for Windows 7, please review this document.