We are writing to inform everyone about recent changes to the equipment loaning and checkout process at the Information Technology (IT) Office. In an effort to provide improved service, we have collaborated with library staff to enable faculty, staff, and students to borrow equipment using the same system that is used to check-out library resources. At this time, there are three types of equipment that will be available for check out using this system:
- All Audio-Visual (AV) equipment that is available for loan
- Laptops available to faculty and staff for college business.
- Hubs available to students to provide additional network connections in their rooms.
The new system will require everyone to use their college ID when checking out any of this equipment. While the majority of the changes will be invisible to most of you, there are a few things that we would like to highlight:
- There will be no more paper checkout forms!
- You can have holds placed on available equipment.
- You will only need to sign a liability form once per academic year!
- Loan periods for many AV items have been increased to three days. Laptops may be checked out for a maximum of two weeks.
- We have many new AV items available to loan.
- Overdue fines will now be charged when equipment is not returned by the due date.
We would be happy to answer any questions that you might have about the new process or equipment. Please stop by the IT Helpdesk (Mayer 212) and the AV Office (Mayer 227) to get more details on the new borrowing process and to see AV’s expanded selection of loanable equipment. Additional information is also available on the AV Media Services website at: http://www.beloit.edu/isr/it/av. Reservations and AV equipment holds can be requested online through the AV Equipment Request Form.
Denzil Showers, Adam Dinnes, Jedidiah Rex, Sherry Monahan