ISR News Feed
Megan Fitch, Chief Information Officer
Pegg Stoddard, Executive Secretary
The Beloit College Information Services and Resources (ISR) Division provides access to information resources, supports their use, and serves as a center for engaged learning. Staff located in Mayer Hall and Col. Robert H. Morse Library and Richard Black Information Center collaborate and consult with faculty, students, and staff to provide a learning and living environment dedicated to the cultivation of liberally educated persons.
The Library provides access to the online catalog (BELCAT), a rich collection of electronic resources, and information about Beloit College Library services.
Information Technology (IT) provides technology resources and services to students, faculty, and staff. Policies related to technology purchases, the Academic Technology Fund Plan (ATF) for faculty equipment replacements and other Library and IT services can be found on the ISR Plans and Policies page.
- November 20, 2012 at 1:38 pmJenzabar EX and the Portal will be down from 7am - 8am on Tuesday, November 27th for system maintenance. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the IT Helpdesk at x2067 or email@example.com or contact your module manager.
- October 12, 2012 at 9:15 am
- October 2, 2012 at 4:18 pm
The Jenzabar team is moving past software implementation to utilization and next steps in this month’s JET Project Update.
- August 30, 2012 at 9:07 am
The Portal will be unavailable Tuesday, September 4, from 7:00am to 8:00am for a required upgrade. We apologize for this inconvenience. If you have any trouble logging into the Portal after 8:00am on Tuesday or if you have any questions about this scheduled downtime, please feel free to contact the IT Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- August 20, 2012 at 3:02 pm
Hello world! Beloit College Information Technology is now on Facebook.
- August 15, 2012 at 8:15 am
Jenzabar EX and the Portal are now live, but the project continues! Check out the Jenzabar Implementation Project website for a full update.
- August 14, 2012 at 4:30 pm
Access to BELCAT, the Library catalog, has now been restored.
- August 13, 2012 at 3:34 pm
BELCAT, the Library catalog, will be unavailable Tuesday, August 14, in order to complete routine catalog updates.
- July 19, 2012 at 10:38 amThe college recently upgraded Symantec Endpoint Protection to the newest version. The new version performs better and uses fewer resources. IT is in the process of upgrading all of the college owned computers in the classrooms and public labs to assure they are running up-to-date software before the start of the fall semester.
- July 6, 2012 at 10:33 am
Library staff are configuring and testing a new tool to facilitate access to electronic journal, database, and ebook services for students, faculty, and staff working and researching from off-campus computers. While implementation and testing are underway, some on and off-campus users may encounter a new page requesting username and password information.
- July 3, 2012 at 1:31 pm
The clock is ticking down as the team completes the final tasks in preparation for going live. Check out the Jenzabar implementation website for a full project update.
- July 2, 2012 at 10:15 am
Google Drive has been available to Android devices for a couple weeks now. You can now access the documents you have in Google Drive from your iOS device! Access is as simple as downloading the app and signing in.