Finding an Internship
Internships are great opportunities to explore your academic and professional interests. Health and Society majors intern in a variety of settings, ranging from nutrition education at local community gardens to reproductive health advocacy at the national level. [Nicaragua 2009]
When starting your internship search, be sure to start early and utilize the campus resources available to you. For a complete guide to finding an internship, refer to the HEAL Internship Search Guide and the Liberal Arts in Practice Center.
- Reflect—What do you want out of this experience?
- Research/Network—Are there potential organizations that interest you?
- Prepare application materials
- Register your internship for credit through the registrar
- To receive credit—Be sure all paperwork and assignments are completed and turned in