Finding an Internship
Internships are great opportunities to explore your academic and professional interests. Health and Society majors intern in a variety of settings, ranging from nutrition education at local community gardens to reproductive health advocacy at the national level.
When starting your internship search, be sure to start early and utilize the campus resources available to you. For a complete guide to finding an internship, refer to the HEAL Internship Search Guide and the Liberal Arts in Practice Center.
- Reflect—What do you want out of this experience?
- Research/Network—Are there potential organizations that interest you?
- Prepare application materials
- Register your internship for credit through the registrar
- To receive credit—Be sure all paperwork and assignments are completed and turned in