If you have arrived at this page as a result of communication from the financial aid office, you should know what verification “group” (V1, V2, V3, V4, or V5) you have been assigned. If you found this page through our website and know that you were selected for verification, please contact our office to find out what group you were assigned to so you may complete the appropriate worksheet.
The verification process is dictated by the Federal Department of Education and we will not disburse any aid until all required documents have been received. Those students selected for may also be required to submit additional items beyond the completed worksheets. Those items may include:
- Parent and/or student IRS tax info for verification
(Tax Return Transcript or successful use of the IRS Data Retrieval Tool)
- A copy of a passport, social security card, and/or birth certificate (rare)
- Specific tax return documents (rare)
Please find the appropriate document below that corresponds with your verification group; you’ll find a PDF that can be completed and signed electronically and emailed to our office. You can also print and mail, or fax, a copy to our office.
Dependent student verification worksheets:
- Dependent Verification Worksheet V1
- Dependent Verification Worksheet V2
- Dependent Verification Worksheet V3
- Dependent Verification Worksheet V4
- Dependent Verification Worksheet V5
Independent student verification worksheets:
- Independent Verification Worksheet V1
- Independent Verification Worksheet V2
- Independent Verification Worksheet V3
- Independent Verification Worksheet V4
- Independent Verification Worksheet V5
If you are unsure of your dependency status, you may use this dependency status calculator.