Beloit College Football is currently seeking two individuals to fill its film technician positions. Film technicians will work two to four hours a day from Tuesday through Thursday, and Saturdays on game weeks. Sundays will be tentative. Hours will vary on some weeks and game days, and both positions will travel to every away game.
- Filming from one of two positions in practices and games for Beloit College Football
- Transferring film from DV format following practice and games
- Editing scout tape during the week if needed
- Distributing film into assorted windows files and mass hard drive devices
Both positions can be learned easily, although experience with film and film editing is preferred. The team would like to hire someone who is interested in film editing as a career.
“This is a very important position with our team; we prefer to hire those who have knowledge of the game of football, an eye for details, and those who take pride in their work,” says Assistant Football Coach Mike Wilson.
The program needs film technicians for its preseason camp, the regular season, and non-traditional spring season. The program will provide access to housing and provide a meal plan for technicians during camp.
A typical week will consist of filming practices, editing scout film, and distributing film into Windows files using a Hudl film editing program and tripod based cameras. Any experience with Hudl will be strongly considered but not required.
Compensation for regular season work will be provided through either work study or internship hours. Please feel free to contact:
- Coach Duerr, Head Coach: (608) 363-2234 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coach Wilson, Defensive Coordinator: (630) 269-9072 email@example.com