The library can help feed your body and soul during winter break. Stop by before it closes (it’ll be closed Dec. 22 through Jan. 1) to see the display of staff picks, or to explore the stacks on your own. The library will reopen on January 2; break hours are 9 a.m. until 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
If you’re looking forward to extra time with kids, in the kitchen, or for yourself, consider . . .
Stories for all ages
- Book of Greek Myths by Ingri and Edgar D’Aulaire
- Stories for Children by Isaac Bashevis Singer
For ambitious cooks
- Fiamma: The Essence of Contemporary Italian Cooking by Beloit native Michael White
- The French Chef with Julia Child - DVD
- Cookbooks in ebrary! Quick Breads, Great Scandinavian Baking Book and more
DVDs to enjoy from a comfy chair
- Rome, the complete series
- Roman Holiday with Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Peck
- Beethoven piano sonatas performed by Daniel Barenboim (Happy 242nd birthday, Beethoven!)
- Everything is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer
- In the Heart of the Sea by Nathaniel Philbrick
- Stories from the Round Barn by Jacqueline Dougan Jackson
See more staff picks in the display near the front entrance of the library.