Beloit College seeks an individual with excellent people and organizational skills who enjoys the rewards and challenges of working with faculty, staff and students in a liberal arts college community. The duties of this full-time administrative position, assistant to the provost and dean of the college, include general administrative support, with particular focus on the strategic management of resources, including budget preparation and analysis, accounting, and space usage on campus. This position requires a high degree of individual judgment and initiative with minimal instruction or supervision. The ability to communicate effectively, using tact and discretion, with faculty, staff and others is essential.
- Assists with budget preparation and tracking.
- Conducts research, analyzes information, and prepares reports related to the demand for, and use of, resources within Academic Affairs. Makes recommendations regarding the strategic use of resources based upon such evidence.
- Assists in writing/editing operational policies and procedures, some correspondence.
- Assigns academic space for faculty and programs and coordinates with other offices in its preparation.
- Organizes and maintains written and electronic files for Academic Affairs, including those of a sensitive and confidential nature.
- Coordinates annual performance evaluations for Academic Affairs staff.
- Provides administrative support for campus governance committees.
Bachelor’s degree required, with a minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible experience with significant multitasking, budget administration, and office accounting. Experience with the advanced functions of Microsoft Office software required; experience as user of enterprise-wide data system strongly preferred. Excellent organizational, oral, written and interpersonal communication skills required, as well as the ability to discreetly handle sensitive and confidential information and to work well with diverse individuals and groups.
Review of applications will begin on June 15. To apply, send cover letter, resume and contact information for 3 professional references to email@example.com.
Beloit College is committed to the educational benefits of diversity and urges all interested individuals to apply.