I Heart Female Orgasm
Date: Friday, April 8th, 2011
Time: 8:00 pm
Duration: 2 hours
Location: Wilson Theatre, Mayer Hall
Sponsored by: Programming Board/Student Engagement and Leadership
Contact: Laura E Young, Laura Young 256-349-9706 / Student Advisor: Jennie Hartzheim
The Female Orgasm program combines sex education and women's empowerment with a hearty dose of laughter. Marshall Miller and Rachel Dart bring a playful, honest approach to this topic, packing the house on college campuses. With warmth and humor, they illuminate the subject of female orgasm whether you want to have your first one, you're hoping to help your girlfriend, or you're debating the existence of the G-spot or "to fake or not to fake?". Since Marshall and Rachel work together as a pair, they are able to bring both a male and female perspective to the conversation. The Female Orgasm program presents "sexy" material in a tasteful, appropriate manner. Marshall and Rachel know that people who are well-informed about sexual topics are more likely to make healthy decisions about the risks associated with sex. The program is inclusive of people of all genders and sexual orientations.
The full Female Orgasm Program includes:
• An emphasis on individuals making sexual decisions that are right for them, including whether to use the information now or when married or in a serious relationship.
• Analysis of the messages women receive about their bodies and sexuality from media, religion, families, and elsewhere.
• Body image, and the links between "befriending your body" and experiencing physical pleasure.
• The value of learning how to say "no" to sex--and the problems college-age and adult women sometimes encounter when they realize that's all they ever learned.
• An opportunity to talk openly in same-gender groups during part of the program.
• Female anatomy
• Tips for partners about being patient and respectful.
• The problems with pressure to have an orgasm, to orgasm faster, to have multiple orgasms, to orgasm with a partner, to fake or not fake orgasms.
• Answers to the most common questions about orgasm
(program information courtesy of http://www.sexualityeducation.com/)
This event is free and open to Beloit College students only.