You're Graduating with Loans, Now What?
Time: 3:00 pm
Duration: 1 hour
Location: Room 150, Center for the Sciences
Sponsored by: Residential Life
Contact: Advisor: Mike Russell, Student Coordinator: Max Zapf-Geller
Need more info about the following? Come learn from Jon Urish, the Director of Student Financial Services, and Mike Russell of Residential Life:
- Accessing loan information (amounts, interest rates, subsidized vs unsubsidized)
- Steps that ought to be taken between now and the end of the loan repayment grace period
- Responsibilities of a student loan holder
- Repayment options and consolidation
- Budgeting, and organization
- Loan forbearance and deferment
- How Americorps, continued education, Peace Corps, and non-profit work can impact student loans.
- If you're not completely familiar or comfortable with these topics, this session will be of use to you.
Bring something to take notes with. If you'd like to follow along with Jon Urish's presentation by accessing you own student loan information on studentloans.gov, feel free to bring a laptop. It may be useful to know your FAFSA pin before this session.
This event occurs on:
- Sunday, December 8th, 2013