"Eat to Compete: The Athlete's Sports Nutrition Guide"
Date: Wednesday, March 2nd, 2011
Time: 7:30 pm
Location: Morgan Room, Mayer Hall
Sponsored by: Athletics
Contact: Kim M. Zarling, Athletics
Tim Wierman, president of Nutrition Education Services, Inc., programs will be on campus to give a public lecture on the Sports Nutrition.
The Eat To Compete Program is a Sports Nutrition Education Program covering 18 topics. They are...
1. Fuel For The Athlete; The Energy Nutrients
2. Pre-Exercise/Pre-Competition Meal Planning
3. Recovery Foods; Refueling The Muscles
4. Fluid Replacements For The Athlete
5. How To Gain Lean Body Weight; Not Fat!
6. Safe & Effective Wt. Loss Tips For The Athlete
7. Nutrition Tips For The Traveling Athlete
8. Fast Food Facts For The Athlete
9. Snacks; High Performance Foods
10. Sports Nutrition Supplements; Fact or Fiction?
11. Vitamin & Mineral Needs For The Athlete
12. Eating Disorders; How You Can Help!
13. Sports Nutrition Menus / Dining Hall Tips
14. Caffeine & The Athlete
15. Alcohol & The Athlete
16. Diabetes & Exercise
17. The Cholesterol Confusion
18. The Vegetarian Athlete
For more information, please contact Kim Zarling at firstname.lastname@example.org or at ext. 2251.
This event is free and open to the Beloit College campus community.