Beloit College Quick Facts
Location: Beloit, Wisconsin
Affiliation: NCAA Division III
Conference: Midwest Conference
Colors: Blue & Gold
President: Scott Bierman
Director of Athletics: Peggy Carl
Faculty Athletic Representative: George Williams
Head Athletic Trainer: Andy Wier
Assistant Trainer: Jennifer Schuetz
Sports Information Director: Terry Owens (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Sports Information Phone: (608) 363-2229
Sports Information Fax: (608) 363-2140
Sports Information Cell: (608) 201-4782
Buccaneer Athletics Quick Facts:
- BC sponsors 19 intercollegiate varsity teams; 9 for men and 10 for women.
- In any given season, approximately 30% of the student population is involved in intercollegiate athletics on our campus.
- At Beloit, many student-athletes are dual sport or even in some cases tri-sport athletes.
- The Buccaneers compete in the Sports Center complex which is home to Flood Arena and Kresge Natatorium, and the Strong Stadium Complex, which is home to Strong Stadium, The Ballpark at Strong Stadium, the Strong Complex Softball Field, the Strong Complex Soccer Field, and the Strong Complex Tennis Courts. Both facilities are recognized as two of the finest playing facilities in the region.
- At the beginning of 2008, the fitness center and strength training complex were completely upgraded and enhanced to meet the needs of our student athletes and the ability to train for championships. In 2011, Strong Stadium was upgraded with a new track as well as new field turf.
Conference Affiliation: The Midwest Conference
- The MWC consists of 11 institutions (Beloit, Carroll, Cornell, Grinnell, Knox, Lake Forest, Lawrence, Monmouth, Ripon and St. Norbert).
- 5 colleges are located in Wisconsin, 4 in Illinois, and 2 in Iowa
- Beloit is centrally located within the conference and as a result, the longest conference road trip is only 4 hours away. Classes are rarely missed as a result of travel; therefore, student athletes are able to remain in the classroom to meet the on-going challenges of their coursework.
NCAA Affiliation: NCAA Division III
- Division III is the largest of the NCAA’s three divisions with over 435 members.
- Academic scholarships based on scholarly accomplishments are permitted.
- The NCAA Division III Identity is based on three principles: Discover, Develop, Dedicate.