Beloit College
Banner Image

Theodore Lyman Wright Art Hall

Ground Broken: May 13,1929
Cornerstone: June 15, 1929
Dedication: October 25, 1930
Architect: Berlin and Swerin
Cost:$139,000
Named:
for Theodore Lyman Wright, class of 1880, and professor of Greek and fine arts (1888-1926)
Renovated: in 1949 by Maurice Webster. The large two-story interior court was converted into two floors to make room for classes and studios. An annex was added in the late 1960s. Further renovations occurred in 1996.