Walter Ansel Strong Memorial Stadium
Ground Broken: October 1,1933
Dedication: October 13,1934
Architect: Allen and Webster
Named: in memory of Walter A. Strong of the class of 1905, former trustee, and publisher of the Chicago Daily News
Renovated: in 1964 new locker rooms and updated heating and plumbing. (Cost: $34,000)
-- Named: 1915 for Josephine Hancock Logan, wife of Dr. Frank G. Logan, benefactor. Before 1915, the 25 acre field was known as Keep Field and was acquired in 1890.
Inventory: Strong Stadium Folder Inventory