Beloit College
Banner Image

Smith Gymnasium Building

Dedicated: June 21, 1904
Architect: Patton and Miller
Cost: $45,000
Named: for Elisha Dickinson Smith
Renovated: as the student union and rededicated on June 8, 1957
   -- Architect: Maurice Webster
   -- Cost: $230,000
Uses: Gymnasium, student union, art studio, photography studio, and now physical plant and printing department

Smith Limnology Lab
    -- Location: on the Rock River, north of campus
    -- Named: for Professor E.G. Smith, professor of chemistry 1881-1921, and Gilbert Smith, class of 1907 and famed marine biologist