Beloit College
Banner Image

Morse-Ingersoll Recitation Hall

Ground Broken: June 1930
Cornerstone: November 18, 1930
Dedication: October 20, 1930
Architect: Granger and Bollenbacher
Cost: $130,000
Named: for Charles H. Morse, and Chalmers Ingersoll through a gift of Charles H. Morse, Jr. and Charlotte Ingersoll Morse
Renovation & Addition: 1996

Holds the Richardson Auditorium, a 92 seat auditorium where class lectures and visiting lecturers meet and where the college improv group hold their performances.

Uses: Classes, lectures, and offices for various departments

Learn the story behind the MI archway fountain in College Archivist Fred Burwell's Fridays with Fred article.