Beloit College
Banner Image

Middle College

Cornerstone: June 24, 1847
Architect: Lucas Bradley
Cost: $26,000
Renovated: In 1880 a two story porch and elaborate cupola were added by J.C. Cochrane. In 1938 the elaborate decoration was removed and a Greek porch was added by Allen and Webster. It was rededicated on June 10, 1939 (cost: $30,000).
Uses: Classes, residence hall (the third floor was a dormitory), now administrative offices.

Middle College became a Wisconsin Historical Landmark by the Wisconsin State Historical Society on June 24, 1967.