Beloit College
Banner Image

Memorial Hall / Logan Museum

Cornerstone: July 9, 1867
Dedication: July 14, 1869
Architect: Garnsey and Cochrane
Cost: $26,000
Uses: Originally it was used as the library (1869-1905), then as the Logan Museum after it was founded by Dr. and Mrs. Frank G. Logan in 1893. It was also used as the music department. Memorial Hall was erected in memory of graduates, students, and residents of Beloit who died in the Civil War.

College Archivist Fred Burwell wrote a more detailed history of the building that appeared in the Beloit Magazine in June 1994.