Cornerstone: November 19, 1897
Dedication: June 22, 1898
Architect: Patton and Fisher
Named: for Joseph Emerson, professor of classics (1848-1900)
Renovated: in 1940 and 1982. In 1982 the residence hall was converted into a senior citizen apartment center.
Used: a women's residence hall, now senior citizens' apartments
This building was made possible by a gift from D.K. Pearsons of Hinsdale, IL., a major benefactor at the turn of the century.